Island Seas Resort in Freeport Bahamas allowed my signature to be forged

1.7
Facilities and Services

My sister, a friend and I were talked/tricked into buying a timeshare at Island Seas in 2009. This company allowed my sister to upgrade us ito a 15 year contract with-out my consent.

Someone forged my signature in 2011 on a brand new contract during the time I was home sick and under-going radiation for stage three liver disease. They told my sister that she could do this, and promised her, along with a group of her friends that they could spend the day out on a yacht for upgrading.

I am a 60 year old disabled woman. Please help me to fight them.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: honor my 2009 contract, pay me the money back that I paid out of pocket on a fraud/forged signature on 2011 contract..

I liked: Beach.

I didn't like: Fraud.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 21, 2015.

Comments

Mountain View, California, United States #1193093

Sounds like you are screwed unless there was very little money put down .... in that case I wouldn't dump that timeshare as quickly as my sister jumped on me for a trip on a yaht!

Island Seas Resort - Lies. All Lies

Freeport,Freeport

They will promise you the world and you will get nothing in return. The island seas resort in Freeport grand bahama is the equivalent of a slum hotel in the US. The rooms are run down. Bad location, for there is nothing around. You will have to get a take or rent a car/scooter. BBB gives them a D- rating. Look it up. Tons of hidden charges, you have to buy immediately or you lose incentives.

I repeat

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 07, 2014.

Island Seas Resort Rips Off Consumers

WARNING! DO NOT sign any contracts with Island Seas as if you do and they offer you to move over to their resort and stay in a "complementary" room and cancel this contract within the 7 days they state, they will refuse to refund your deposit and instead bill you for the room at over $300 per night as well as other fees and for any "gifts" you received to your credit card and when you request a refund refuse to refund any money.

They are simply making money from unsuspecting travelers and stealing money because the resort is not worth staying and people have figured out what a scam they are. This resort is one of the many owned by Robert Dean Carlson, 3 Sunshine Blvd, Ormond Beach, Fl. They need to be put out of business. To give you an idea what type of person he is, he was sued in 2008 by a former long time friend in Tennessee for $450K which was invested in a worthless aerospace firm.

Despite at first agreeing to refund the investment, reneged on that agreement and has been sued for his actions. He and his companies should have the Federal Trade Commission investigate him for their deceptive business practices.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 06, 2009.